The Arauna2 path tracer is a high-performance rendering tool for generating photo-realistic images of virtual scenes. Using the compute power of modern GPUs and advanced physically-based light transport algorithms, Arauna2 enables interactive exploration of scenes, as well as instant manipulation of cameras, materials and lights. High-resolution production-quality images are generated in seconds.
Arauna2 has been designed specifically for interactive rendering, and is currently the world’s fastest path tracer.
The use of off-the-shelf hardware makes Arauna2 a cost-effective solution for high-performance rendering. Arauna2 runs on any Windows PC (32 or 64bit) with at least one NVidia GPU supporting compute capability 2.0 or better. This includes the NVidia GTX470 and newer cards. Even laptop GPUs allow interactive navigation; optimal performance is achieved on a pair of NVidia Titan cards.
- Unbiased unidirectional and two-way path tracing with (resampled) multiple importance sampling;
- Support for diffuse, specular and dielectric materials with textures and normal maps;
- Support for light emitting geometry and spotlights with industry-standard IES profiles;
- Scene complexity: up to 10M polygons on the 6GB NVidia Titan GPU;
- Multi-GPU rendering;
- Compact library with easy to use API.
Arauna2 is under constant development. Development targets include further performance enhancements, support for complex materials, noise reduction, and post processing of real-time generated images.